Author Topic: Hard to find Domains!  (Read 221 times)

Hard to find Domains!
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
I have been interested in setting up a website in ages and I've been looking for a decent domain. I eventually thought up of a really good domain and I started my website design with the name that I thought up. Stupid me, I only forgot to check whether the domain was available or not.

When I eventually get round to checking I find that it is already registered to someone else. The annoying thing about it is the person who owns it doesn't have anything on the website, they have paid for something they are not using.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hard to find Domains!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
What type of site/name have you been looking into lately?

Sometimes if your site has a specific category of interest (like gardening), you can search for a domain name by using like-words (such as flowers) instead of your main category.

Another way to find a domain is to use hyphens. If gardeningsite.com is taken, try gardening-site.com for example. But you should also be aware of existing copyrights before ever purchasing a domain.

Another tip is using a multiple-domain submission form, so you can avoid the hassle of manually trying to search for a domain one-by-one. Network Solutions has a form where you can try 10 domains at once easily